Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I have a shadow....his name is Sam...

My aunt Chris passed away about a little over a month ago completely unexpected. She had 2 horses, 4 donkeys, 3 goats, 5 dogs, and 4 cats. If you know me my passion is animals...any kind it doesn't matter. My husband and I have 3 dogs and 2 cats that are our babies. We had both agreed we where DONE rescuing. (I would save them all if I could, but I have gotten alot more rational with age) We love them so much and they complete the McCorkle's home....for now. When my Aunt Chris passed so sudden at 55 the only one thing that crossed my mind when it came to the animals was what about Sam? I knew we could find all the other animals great homes but Sam is special. He is a 12ish year old Dachshund that she had all those years. Sam was the one that as a young dog didn't care for other people. He bit, barked, was just a snot. As he got older he got sweeter...or should I say tolerant. I have always loved him. I feel my aunt had so much that there was never enough time for Sam.  She would say he couldn't  make it up the stairs, and at times was a pain. (not that he was EVER neglected) He has very bad teeth and I had got her at one point to get him the dog food Moist and Meaty, but eventually she quit doing that. He struggled to eat, but had to do it quick because the other dogs where waiting there to get his food with the first wrong move. He had not had a bath in quite some time.
SO............................................................
Sam came home to be part of the McCorkle clan...the first night we where home I gave him a bath....went and got "Moist and Meaty" and a dog bed for him. I snuggled with him on the floor next to his bed and just rubbed him...he was probably mourning in his own way to right? I just wanted to let him know I was here and going to love and take great care of him now, so he didn't have to worry. He was safe. Let me tell you he is a changed dog!!! He now gets a bath once a week, fed good and LOTS of love. He follows me EVERYWHERE. I am his "special person". Believe it or not he RUNS, PLAYS, and is so loving and happy! Its like he is 5 years old again. He has a new lease on life. He occasionally messes on the floor, he is 12 what do I expect right?? I think he is a doggy diabetic, due to the excessive water drinking and frequent urination. But why put him through the vet check up and insulin shots everyday? He is doing great!  He will only let me pick him up, I think because he has such bad arthritis and I know how to do it ,he has total trust in me. Watching my husband try to do something with him is quite entertaining! If Andrew comes home for lunch and I don't that day....Sam is locked in the kitchen and not in his crate because he cant get him back in! Very amusing I tell you! But all in all he is a sweet sweet old man...and he is my angel , my special rescue.And he will be very very loved and taken care of until it is his time to be with Aunt Chris again.

2 comments:

  1. They r so sweet and when u rescue one ppl will say how lucky the animal is but actually we r the lucky ones. They usually r more of a blessing to us than we r to them. They give us true unconditional love at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity. and Hiv, My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came across Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receive my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and  fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following diseases..Copd,Herpes,Alzheimer's disease,carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's ,Epilepsy,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Coeliac disease,Infertility, Asthma.Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com..Whatsapp Number...+2348149277976

    ReplyDelete